Golf courses remain a focus for redevelopment and repurposing as property owners explore greater highest-and-best use for their golf assets.......
Golf course redevelopment consultants and designers, a joint venture of StoneCreek Partners and the golf design firms of John F. Robinson Golf Advisors and Mungeam Golf Design. Our strategic partnership provides an integrated services capability, blending the traditional real estate advisory services of StoneCreek Partners, with the golf industry design aesthetic and course operating knowledge of golf architects John F. Robinson, BLA/GCD and Mark A. Mungeam, ASGCA.
Investors everywhere are adjusting to the impacts of Covid-19 on various real estate asset classes. There is significant interest in evaluating existing properties for greater earnings through retrofits and redevelopment to highest-and-best use. This interest in improved asset yields exists among all types of golf asset owners, including local governments, universities, resort course operators, and privately-owned golf clubs.
For golf courses, sometimes the improved results are achieved simply through course redesign for lower maintenance, along with more efficient club operations. But in other instances, an existing golf course might be better utilized as the site for a mixed-use redevelopment project perhaps retaining part of a site’s golf heritage. What may work best for a particular gold course is based upon prevailing local market conditions.
Our scope of services for golf course redevelopment and re-use, includes:
- Highest-and-best-use analysis, given local market conditions and re-use potentials;
- Facility operations reviews;
- Project master planning to realize optimal re-use potential;
- Golf course redesign for land use efficiency, improved play, and reduced maintenance expenses;
- Overall project feasibility studies for recommended golf facility redevelopment; and
- Owner representation for facility asset management and/or redevelopment design and implementation management.
Coming soon .. please check in early December! Thank you.